Wellbeing Training for Health & Social Care Professionals
Duration: 1- 2 hours
Format: In-person or Online
Introduction: In this engaging and informative 1- 2 hour wellbeing training program, designed for both in-person and online settings, we will delve into the essential characteristics and effective techniques that can empower health and social care professionals to facilitate positive behaviour changes and promote healthier lifestyle choices among the people they support. This training program is a result of a collaborative effort with The Grange at Bookham, ensuring that it draws from the best practices and insights in the field of wellbeing and care.
Why This Training Matters: Health and social care professionals already possess a wealth of attributes that make them exceptionally well-suited to be effective counsellors. However, this training program aims to enrich their care toolkit by imparting essential psychological techniques that can be used to elicit behaviour change effectively. By equipping your staff with these valuable skills, you are not only enhancing their professional development but also enhancing the overall wellbeing of the people they care for.
What Will Be Covered:
1. Recommended Amount of Weekly Exercise & Benefits of a Healthier Lifestyle:
- Understanding the importance of regular physical activity.
- Exploring the myriad benefits of adopting a healthier lifestyle.
- Practical tips for integrating exercise into daily routines.
2. Diet and Using BMI and BMR to Recommend Changes to Eating Habits:
- An in-depth look at the relationship between diet and overall health.
- How to calculate and interpret Body Mass Index (BMI) and Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR).
- Strategies for recommending personalised dietary changes.
3. Types of Motivation:
- Identifying different motivational factors that drive behaviour.
- Understanding intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- Tailoring motivational approaches to individual preferences.
4. Techniques to Elicit Behaviour Change:
- Learning evidence-based behaviour change techniques.
- Effective communication strategies for inspiring change.
- Role-playing and practical exercises to hone counselling skills.
5. Reasons for Weight Gain Among Those You Support & Potential Solutions:
- Exploring common factors contributing to weight gain.
- Developing a holistic approach to addressing weight-related challenges.
- Sharing case studies and success stories.
6. Being SMART When Setting Goals:
- Introduction to the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goal-setting framework.
- How to apply SMART goals in sessions.
- Goal-tracking and assessment techniques.
7. Q & A and Setting Department Goals:
- Encouraging open discussion and sharing of experiences among participants.
- Collaboratively setting departmental goals for implementing wellbeing strategies.
Benefits for Your Staff and the People They Support: This comprehensive training program empowers your health and social care professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to drive positive behavioural changes in the people they serve. By the end of the session, participants will be equipped to:
- Foster healthier lifestyle choices and behaviours in those they care for.
- Build more effective and empathetic relationships.
- Make data-driven recommendations for exercise and dietary improvements.
- Motivate and inspire people to take control of their wellbeing.
- Set and track meaningful, achievable goals for their clients and departmental objectives.
Selection of Slides from the Training
In conclusion, our Wellbeing Training for Health & Social Care Professionals is an invaluable resource for enhancing the quality of care provided and promoting healthier lives for those under your care. Elevate your team’s capabilities and make a positive impact on the wellbeing of your clients. Contact us today to schedule this transformative training for your staff.